Monday, April 1, 2013

A is for Assembling of Paisley Short Stories


I have created a series of short stories about Paisley from the Eternals who is happy go lucky princess. She is the seventh born of the seventh born which brings many things according to the legend.

When she is born life changes within the realm she is born, as well as the world where the humans live. Chaos ensues for some but for others their lives in the realm settles down finally.

Some inhabitants of the realm get magic skills that change the realm in unexpected ways. When those inhabitants of Paisley’s realm cross through the newly opened portals into the human worlds everything changes for everyone.

The first Paisley story I wrote was for a contest in a writer’s group I belonged to back in 2009. It was titled ‘Paisley’s Purple Flames’, and was about an old white witch who made a bit of magic in the human world. Little did I know when I began that short story that it would spur a whole bunch of short stories that I consider glimpses into her life.

When I began writing with the Circle 8 Writer’s group, my Paisley Stories became a staple with the third book published in December 2010. Paisley finally seen the light of day and she began amassing fans and she continues to gather fans with each passing story.  

No comments:

Post a Comment